Canadian casinos like other online casinos have started accepting Bitcoins or BTC or cryptocurrency as you may call it to play casino games. As e Wallets or credit cards are most popular payment options among Canadian players, Bitcoin too is becoming more reliable options for banking among Canucks. For those players who are new to this digital currency note that this is a safe and secure deposit and withdrawal transaction like other banking counterparts.
Canadian casinos that accept Bitcoin
There are many online casinos that are Canadian friendly and accept Bitcoins as one of the banking options to play casino games. Here is the list of few Canadian friendly casinos you can try for your BTC deposits.
To make a deposit at BitStarz first click the ‘Sign Up’ button in the upper left corner of your casino homepage and fill in all the required fields. The casino will send you an email where you can verify your email address using the verification link sent to you. Once all this is done, your account will be fully active.
There are plenty of places that allow you to buy and sell Bitcoins. Online exchanges include Coinbase and Cubits. To find out more about buying Bitcoins, visit their About Bitcoin page.Remember you can only cash out via the same way as you deposited. In other words if you for example use Skrill as a deposit method, you have to withdraw to Skrill, and won’t be able to withdraw to for example Neteller or to a card. The money has to go back the same way as they came in to your account.
In order to make a deposit at this casino you need to send bitcoins to the address shown on the cashier page or scan the QR code on the same page. To request a withdrawal click the withdraw button. Before the payment can be made, you need to enter the withdrawal wallet address and the amount you would like to withdraw.
The minimum deposit is m฿ 1. There is no limit to how much you can deposit. The minimum withdrawal is m฿ 2 and the maximum payout is of m฿ 50,000 per player per day. All deposits and withdrawals are instant. However, sometimes it may take up to 1,5 minutes for them to be processed. In order to request a withdrawal all deposits must go through 3 confirmations. You can check how many confirmations you have on your deposit by clicking on the deposit link on the cashier page. All confirmations come from the wallet provider, blockchain and miners. Also the transaction confirmation depends on the blockchain and your transaction fee. It can take anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours.
3. Slots.lv Casino
To make a deposit at Slots.lv with Bitcoins Sign in to your account, click on the balance amount on the top-right corner of the page and select “Deposit”. You can also click on the “Make a Deposit” button on your Dashboard page. Select Bitcoin as method from the dropdown menu. Enter the amount you wish to deposit.
When provided with the Bitcoin address, you must choose to either launch your Bitcoin wallet (if you are on a desktop computer) or scan the QR code with your smartphone wallet app (if you are on a smartphone or tablet). Click on “I’ve Completed My Deposit” button. For a full list of wallet options, check out Bitcoin.org to choose a wallet which will best suit your needs.
Most Bitcoin payments are processed with no fees. Occasionally, users might add fees to transactions to get priority processing or merchants may charge small transaction fees, which are still much lower than PayPal or credit card fees. If a fee is required, it will usually not exceed a few pennies in value. The minimum BTC deposit is CA$20 and maximum is CA$5000. Withdrawal minimum is CA$20 and Maximum is CA$2500
Bitcoin can be exchanged online or in person.There are three ways to go about exchanging Bitcoin With Debit cards -multiple debit card programs exist. Check out Cryptocurrency Help. Or you can trading with an online exchange. Learn more here. Or directly trading with another person.
To sell Bitcoin in person, all it takes is scanning a QR code on another person’s phone in exchange for cash and the transaction is complete.
4. Bodog Casino
Like Slots.lv, Bodog casino also allows BTC banking transactions.
To make a deposit at Bodog with Bitcoins Sign in to your account, click on the balance amount on the top-right corner of the page and select “Deposit”. You can also click on the “Make a Deposit” button on your Dashboard page. Select Bitcoin as method from the dropdown menu. Enter the amount you wish to deposit.
When provided with the Bitcoin address, you must choose to either launch your Bitcoin wallet (if you are on a desktop computer) or scan the QR code with your smartphone wallet app (if you are on a smartphone or tablet). Click on “I’ve Completed My Deposit” button.
There are no processing fees for Bitcoin payments The minimum BTC deposit is CA$20 and maximum is CA$5000. Withdrawal minimum is CA$20 and Maximum is CA$3000
Benefits of Bitcoin Deposits
- As for the casino deposits and withdrawals via Bitcoin, these are the safer and more efficient alternative of the standard payment methods.
- You have full security and anonymity at online casinos when making a deposit with BTC. Each account is identified by an automatically generated unique access URL, which can be further secured by a password and a 2-factor authentication app.
- Withdrawals can also be locked to a fixed withdrawal address meaning that even if a player did allow their account to be compromised, funds could only be withdrawn to their address of choice.
- Bitcoin transactions do not need to be processed via a bank institution, which means your details are not shared with third parties.
- There is no need to provide any personal data, and the platform does not collect any info which could be used to identify players, such as IP addresses. The only connection between your unique URL identifier and yourself is the wallet which you use to deposit funds to your account.
- Another important advantage of Bitcoin casinos is the fairness with which it treats its players. Some of the lowest house edges on the market, ranging from 0.2% to 1%, depending on the game.
- The majority of Canadian Bitcoin Casinos are cell phone-friendly, so you can engage in your favourite game via a tablet or smartphone device.
Games to play with BTC
You can enjoy online slots be it 3- reel classics, Multi-line slots, Bonus feature slots, Video or Progressive jackpots pokies games. You can also enjoy live dealer games at Bitcoin casinos like Blackjack, Roulette, Live Bitcoin baccarat or Live Bitcoin casino Hold’em. If interested in sportsbook, sports racing or poker tournaments that too are there for you at Bitcoin casinos. So you see betting with bitcoins that is a great source of entertainment and excitement as it covers a wide spectrum of ways to enjoy the digital currency. With full access to games, without any delays, with no document requests and being quick in anything you wish what else you need to sign up and make a deposit with Bitcoin currency.
Points to note when making a Bitcoin deposit at Canadian friendly online casinos
- You should be 18 and over years of age to make a deposit with BTC.
- According to Canadian laws, casino income is a subject to taxes. That’s also applicable to the casino winnings paid out in Bitcoins. Players are required to document their casino earnings as a taxable gain. If you have used Bitcoin as a payment processor, the value of your casino earnings is equal to the value of the Bitcoins at the time you played casino games.
- The casino you choose to play at should always be licensed with a gambling authority like the Curacao eGaming or Malta or Gibraltar Gaming.
- You also need to look at bonuses that are being offered. The best Canadian casino sites will allow you to gamble in BTC and regular currency and will have a bonus offer for both.
- It is important to look at the games suite too because not all online casinos are the same and some have a limited selection of games whilst other will offer the most recent slots and table games.
Bitcoins are legal in Canada just as normal online gambling is legal in Canada. Canada’s first national law on regulating the digital currency was brought forward with Bill C-31. The county’s current law was amended to include local and foreign businesses in digital currency markets in Canada to the areas covered by the Proceeds of Crime and Terrorist Financing Act of 2000. Once this law is enforced, businesses operating in Canada or those providing services to consumers in the country will be regulated and considered as money services businesses (MBS). This will ensure that exchanges of bitcoins have to follow standards of reporting suspicious transactions, keep records, use verification procedures, and adhere to registration requirements. If passed it may mean some changes to bitcoin casinos but for the moment bitcoin gambling is legal.
As Canadians you can buy bitcoins from exchange companies such as Quadrigacx.com, Kraken.com, and CoinSquare.com. You can also purchase them from people who have cryptocurrency they want to sell. You can purchase using cash, debit and credit cards, and other supported forms of payment.